Dermatologists Don’t get along with Photoshop because they know that porcelain skin, with a perfection alien to any humanity, is impossible. Over the years, the skin begins to add tracks with which we should be friendly because it is synonymous with being alive. Stains on the hands are just one of the frequent consultations with doctors and cosmetologists in Kenya. We tell you why they appear and how to prevent, soften or eliminate them.
Stains on the hands
Spots on the skin are caused by multiple causes: sun exposure, hormonal changes, age, allergies, or various conditions. The truth is that two thirds of women suffer from this problem at some point in their lives.
The good news is that while changes in the texture and appearance of the skin cannot be avoided, we can have some care to prevent or delay those (unlovable) marks from appearing. Do not forget that it is not just an aesthetic question: you have to control as long as there is nothing that is evil.
Most common types of stains
Melasmas: they are dark brown or light, with irregular edges. They come out on the forehead, cheekbones, upper lip and chin, and symmetrically on both sides of the face. They’re more common in brown skins. They are formed by hormonal changes, during pregnancy, taking contraceptives, or menopause, for example.
Solar lenses: they are flat, small and round in shape. They are uniform in colour, varying from light brown to black. They usually appear on the face, cleavage, and in the areas most exposed to the sun. They are very common in light skins. They appear only from the age of 40, when the Solar capital is running out, or even earlier if you have taken too much sun in your youth.
Brown spots on the hands
Dark spots on the hands, called lentigos, appear on the back of the hands and are one of the visual signs that many associate with aging. However, they are caused by excessive production of melanin pigments and can occur at any age.
The main factors that can cause their appearance are:
- Sun exposure: much sun exposure is the main cause. They appear after several years due to the cumulative effect of UV radiation on the cells.
- Inheritance: there are people who have a greater genetic predisposition to develop them.
- Age: they appear due to the accumulation of solar radiation for many years.
- Treatments to remove stains from the hands
There are two treatments to soften or eliminate this problem: chemical peeling or laser. We tell you what this is all about:
- Chemical Peeling: it has to be done by a qualified professional, who applies a chemical formula on the area. Then there is a peeling and / or a scar, which will fall off leaving the skin with a more even color.
- Laser: this radiation technique releases energy that absorbs the dark spot of the hand because it captures melanin. a crust will also form and then fall off and the skin looks more homogeneous.
- Effectiveness in the results of these treatments increases if exposure to the sun is reduced and the area is moisturized and hydrated with lotions and creams with Vitamin A.